Week 3| Homework Due Aug 31Posted: August 27, 2017
Great work on Thursday with your first lab! Here are a few reminders as we look forward to the third class!
- New homework is posted, due Aug 31.
- Your Chapter 1 test is posted. You are to use your calculator and brain only. Otherwise, you are cheating.
- Print the test and answer sheet from the Homework Page.
- Complete your math work on notebook paper. No work = No credit.
- Turn in your final answers and notebook paper this Thursday in class.
- You have your first Postlab (Section VI) to complete this week. Review the Lab Report Format file first. Be sure to include your important data (your actual numbers), any errors, what happened, and why. Use 3rd person.
- If you completed Experiment 1.2 in class, write the Postlab for 1.2. Read the top of p.18 in your book for some ideas.
- If you complete Experiment 1.3 in class, write the Postlab for 1.3. Read p.26 in your book for some ideas.
- You have the next Prelab to complete this week. This week’s experiment will come from the linked handout (on the Homework Page- Conservation of Mass Lab). Follow the same steps you did last week to complete the Prelab (Sections I-IV).
- Quiz this week over metric conversions, lab equipment, and lab safety rules.
- There will be another quiz Sep 15 over the elements and symbols #1-36 on the periodic table. You need to know the symbol and be able to spell the names of those elements. Print a periodic table for class from the Homework Page to study.
Have a great week! jb